Re: (TV) Favourite 20 records of all time?

A friend and I used to discuss this one from time to time, and one of our
consensus points is one I'll bring up here (in self-defense) -- We're talking
about "favorite", not "best". For "best", I need to put on my dispassionate
"critic" hat and try to be objective. For "favorite", I can forget that and
just go with the ones I really love ...

Given that ... in alphabetical order ...

DISCIPLINE - King Crimson
ELDORADO - Electric Light Orchestra (quit that snickering!)
ENGLISH SETTLEMENT - XTC
THE FINAL CUT - Pink Floyd
JOE'S GARAGE, ACTS I, II & III - Frank Zappa
MARQUEE MOON - Television
NEW YORK  - Lou Reed
ONE SIZE FITS ALL - Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention
QUADROPHENIA - The Who
RAGGED GLORY - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
RAIN DOGS - Tom Waits
RUMOUR AND SIGH - Richard Thompson
SETTING SONS - The Jam
SHINY BEAST (BAT CHAIN PULLER) - Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band
THIS IS THE SEA - The Waterboys
VOLUNTEERS - Jefferson Airplane
WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY - The Mothers Of Invention
WHO'S NEXT - The Who
THE WHO SELL OUT - The Who
WORKBOOK - Bob Mould

... and I can already think of about 10-20 more that I feel awful for not
including, but I can't cut any of these from the list. I suppose if I could
pick just *one* Who and *one* Zappa album, I'd have room, but there you go ...

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he's [a
jerk], you've got his shoes and you're a mile away"
    -- Rev. Billy C. Wirtz