Re: (TV) (tv) top 20+thompson solo

"karin christensen" <ellentov@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am very curious about richard thompsons solo records. i have "shoot out
> the lights" which i really like (especially "wall of death"), but which
> thompson solos shall i buy?

Rumour&Sigh and Mock Tudor are the two best places.  My next recommendation
is Across a Crowded Room, but oddly enough on the RT list, this album
usually listed near the bottom of the "list RT's albums in your order of
preference" lists.

But that's because it's a flat out rock'n'roll record, and the list is
(or at least was - I've been off for a few years now) comprised largely of
folk fans who prefer his acoustic work.