Subject: Re: (TV) ok i'll bite

lisa writes:

<< alan vega is a major inspiration... >>
Ok was that a joke (which is fine) or did you see his tour when he opened up
for the Pretenders around 1981. Before the guys died.
lisa>

i saw that tour in state collage, pa. alan vega seriously pissed off about 5000 students. his one chord rockabilly was one of the most punk things i had ever seen. it made me wish i had seen sucide.

on srv: i had the pleasure of srv twice in a small club (maurice will know of "the decade")in the era before his first disc. seriously, the man could play & had a ton of soul. usually i come home from any show & pull out my guitar to see what licks i can steal but in each instance i felt like i didn't want to play again for a while. it reminds me of what my older friends say about the effect of seeing hendrix.

sam