Re: (TV) Favorites & Overrateds

Hmmm - do compilations count??

To answer someone else's question: Thunder's BORN TOO LOOSE is a 2CD
compilation Jungle put out last year. The first CD is a studio best-of, but
frustratingly Jungle didn't have rights to the SO ALONE LP - a huuuuuuuge
omission. Re-recordings of notable songs are included instead.

The second CD was a "rarities/live" disc, the highlight of which were three
demos cut by the Heartbreakers, post-LAMF, in 1978, including "Great Big Kiss"
and "London Boys". But they actually aren't that amazing; both versions are
inferior to the ones on SO ALONE. There's also a few alternate "lost" mixes
from LAMF and from the Speakeasy '77 shows. But the quality of the music on the
second CD declines quickly as Thunders' fortunes decline, and I find it hard to
enjoy the whole thing.

--Philip