Re: (TV) Alex Chilton

In a message dated 9/21/01 1:58:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, maurice@mac.com
writes:

> While I've been absorbed in Big Star for a while (_Sister
> Lovers_ for some reason, has more songs that grab me than the others,
> with _Radio City_ a close second, but still...it's a mighty ouvre),

No live reports to chip in ... but this is reminding me that I need to pull
out SISTER LOVERS again. For some reason, it's never grabbed me the same way
#1 RECORD and RADIO CITY did. I hear so many people say it's their favorite
Big Star album, so I gotta see what I'm missing ...

       -- Owen

PS: Strictly speaking, isn't SISTER LOVERS *really* a Chilton solo album with
some token appearances by Jody Stephens to help justify the "Big Star" label?

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he's [a
jerk], you've got his shoes and you're a mile away"
    -- Rev. Billy C. Wirtz