Re: (TV) shame, shame,shame (the albums you feel bad about loving)

From: Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk>

>"Some girls wander by mistake"-Sisters of Mercy

Er... what on earth's wrong with that?!
Keith Allison

well well well. i feel i have to explain this. in sweden the musical genre "goth music" is very "out". music journalists think it's pathetic, and indie pop kids laugh at classic masterpieces like "some girls...", "japanese whispers", Joy Division, Death Cult, killing joke and Gang of four etc. I love it though - especially siouxsie and the b., sisters of mercy, echo and the bunnymen, joy d. and killing joke.

here people generally make fun of goth people with their black torn tutus, coiffure with sugar and water and black lipstick. well, i don't! but since i have been hanging out with the music elite clique (who only listen to the first bootleg NEU! album and Robert Wyatt's less known basement tapes) for ten years, i nowadays make sure I don't mention my post punk record collection... am i a coward?

Karin