Re: (TV) Correction to shame, shame, (albums you felt bad about loving )

I am vaguely embarrassed about buying THE REMAINS OF TOM LEHRER 3CD box set
last night. I had a bunch of these on vinyl years and years ago, and on a whim
I bought THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS a month ago and have been playing it
incessantly (even if "Who's Next" doesn't seem so funny these days). But
still... I mean, I like Lehrer, but the studio albums on CD1 are really
superfluous.

Then again, "I Got It From Agnes" is a magnum opus of "Marquee Moon"-esque
quality, so it all balances out.

Plus, I saw Peter Noone at Tower Records while I was buying the box. This only
hours after listening to two of his solo singles from the early 70s (songs
Bowie gave him).

Speaking of which: I'm also ashamed about owning three CDs of Herman's Hermits
just to find those two damn tracks, a Robert Palmer's best-of, Iggy Pop's BLAH
BLAH BLAH, and Bowie's TONIGHT.

--Philip (who has a near-new CD copy of THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS for sale, if
anyone's interested. And BLAH BLAH BLAH.)