RE: (TV) Re: TV shameful taste/ Say What?

Willie said
> frankly, i'm a little embarrassed to tell friends that i enjoy the tv solo
> albums beyond the first one. they have that particular 80's production  quality
> with the drums and cheesy effects that were downright apalling the first time i
> heard them, and were damn hard to get over. after years of wanting to like them
> so much and listening to them repeatedly, i've finally come to decide that i do
> indeed like them. i, however, have not reached this point with the richard
> lloyd solo lp's. i'm ashamed for giving them so many spins (where as i would
> typically not, say, listen to 80's clapton, in hopes that maybe it'll sound
> good now), only to enjoy some good gtr solos here and there.
> i am also ashamed of listening to post-sst dinosaur jr. i can't even explain
> why i like them, but i still have all the albums and some import stuff too.
> it's sad, and i'm tempted to hide them away from my other stuff.
>willie
--------------
That's a lot of fucking shame!

I could not disagree with you more about the tv solo albums.

I think it's shameful and disgraceful that they did/don't get
more recognition from the music public.

Regarding:
>  they have that particular 80's production  quality with the drums
> and cheesy effects that were downright apalling

Cheesy effects?!?  Like what for instance (some specific examples please---including
song titles)? I can not think of a musician who shuns cheesy effects more than TV.

Have you ever heard of an album called "Dreamtime"?
Could it be you are confusing great production, multi-tracking/layered guitars,
virtuoso guitar playing by Verlaine, and fantastic song writing with some of today's
music's cool but empty gestures?

Say more about the drumming---like what particular drumming .

I think you need some new friends.

	Leo