Re: (TV) albums you are ashamed

In a message dated 9/28/2001 9:33:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jh@brainiac.com writes:

> > Venus (the other one) - SHocking Blue,'69
>
> I absofrikkingtively love this record.  Have ever since I was 8.  The
> slide guitar solo is just so groovy.

Damn ... me too. A friend and I were making a mix tape together once of older
(but classic) songs. I suggested this one, and he was stunned. I found out
later that he'd only ever heard Bananarama's cover. I think it scarred him
... he never could listen to the original.

I've been thinking about this thread, and didn't think I had much to add. A
lot of the stuff I like that people would poo-poo, I'm proud to like. No
problems.

Finally thought of one ... I picked up Rhino's 7CD box set HAVE A NICE
DECADE: THE 70'S CULTURE BOX at a record convention for about $40. Why?
Because whether I wanted to admit it or not, I knew (and had fond memories)
of about 2/3's on the songs on there. No, I don't play it in public, but it's
kinda fun to pull out once in a while. I'm getting close enough ... maybe
this is what a music geek's "mid-life crisis" looks like. :-)

       -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he's [a
jerk], you've got his shoes and you're a mile away"
    -- Rev. Billy C. Wirtz