Re: (TV) Strokes

Just read this again, and I misread the original answers (neeed more kawfee). Apologies, Anyway, that's what I think

From: "Dan Jones" <dnljns@hotmail.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Strokes
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 14:52:54

I'm with you on this one. I saw the Strokes @Don Hills last spring (I
think)they had lots of elements that make a good band but there was no
synthesis or desire to push it forward - no spark of originality that turns
the base clay into a rock prometheus. I.e it sounded like a Pixies bit here,
VU bit there, TV bit there. Good bar band but not the saviours of the pop
universe IMHO.

Dan