(TV) Re: TV shameful taste/ say what

sorry about the late post, i've been busy.
i don't exactly know what is being asked here:
> Have you ever heard of an album called "Dreamtime"?
> Could it be you are confusing great production, multi-tracking/layered
> guitars,
> virtuoso guitar playing by Verlaine, and fantastic song writing with
> some of today's
> music's cool but empty gestures?
i'll say that i have 'dreamtime', and i don't think that i'm confusing it with
anything. i also never said anything offensive about the quality of the gtr
work, songwriting, etc. i do think that i went a little overboard with my post
to make it appropriate for the thread of albums people are ashamed of liking. i
really don't experience this discomfort, but what i really meant was that the
tv albums, to me, seem to suffer from some kind of production that makes the
music sound, well, really produced. of course, i use mm, adventure, and tv as
verifying points, but the rest of the albums, although extraordinairy in
songwriting and musicianship, lacks the realness, or organic quality, of the
earlier work.
> Say more about the drumming---like what particular drumming .
i can't think of any stand-out trax right now, and i'm away from my collection,
but the drums, for the most part and when audible enough, sound like synth
drums with that deep, gushing tom-tom sustain that sounds like a wave crashings
against rocks after each hit. i seem to remember that "without a word" is a
good example of this.
> I think you need some new friends.
i value your opinion.
in short, i was not putting down tv's albums in any way, but i guess i came
across as doing that. however, i must say that they('dreamtime' and on) have
some sort of quality that comes from the production that makes them a little
less excitiing than they could be. this is just my taste, of course, cuz i'm mm
fanatic who loves the record's live interplay that seems like the bands is
right there, rearranging your atoms.
am i the only one who thinks that these albums could use a more 'live' sounding
production?! hell, there's plenty of great albums with shitty/questionable
production, so it's ok to admit it.
anybody going to the benefit show w/ sonic youth, tv, flaherty/corsano etc?
i can vouch for flaherty/corsano's greatness. heavy sax and drums free jazz.
i've seen 'em a bunch and they're always fantastic.
i apologise for possible type-o's, i'm in a rush.
willie