Re: (TV) shameful taste/ 80s digital dungeon

From: Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk>
Can I just be the first to say that the 80s were wonderful?

The 80s WERE wonderful, and I'm the first to say it without irony. It was so much more than gated reverb snares, synths and leather ties.

(For me the gated snare first appeared on Low and it sounded really innovative and BIG. But who really invented it, I don't remember? Anyone knows? Was it Phil Collins in his Brand X days, or...?)

There were a lot of great underground music following the punk in the 80s. For ex the Australian scene and what we in Sweden call the garagewave (Nomads etc.) There were always good livemusic and even ROCKCLUBS. I'm happy I was a music-consuming fanatic around twenty in that period, it couldn't have been better. (Though, I can admit listening to these old recordings today the sound often is surprisingly bad. Fortunately, it wasn't possible to use all these studioeffects live.)

My favourite decade.

/Per