(TV) Verlaine & production

I have to agree w/ Leo about Verlaine's solo records. The first record I ever heard of his was "Cover" which I picked up in the 80s (without even knowing who Television were) just on my impression of the front cover photo combined with the title "Cover" which I thought was funny. A lot of the production is definately 80s cheese and I can't say I automatically loved all of the songs, but it had so much personality I had to go out and get every Verlaine and Television album afterwards.

If I like something, I generally ignore irritating production. Though I can't say it has really occurred to me that TV's albums are anything but supremely enjoyable to listen to. Dreamtime is certainly a masterpiece, production and all.

I think I once read where TV said some of the lyrics on Flashlight were about the character's "consciousness" which really struck me. Those songs have a literary quality & have the atmosphere of being part of a longer story.