(TV) My open letter to Mr. Verlaine

Folks, I'm serious. Tom Verlaine rocks. He's my favorite songwriter and
performer of the 20th century. I'm sitting at work, playing WORDS FROM THE
FRONT, and thinking: What the hell? Since 1993, Verlaine has played roughly a
dozen solo shows - even though he seems to enjoy it when he does. He has not
released a single album in that time, and has only released two or three tracks
at all - and not a single vocal track that wasn't a cover - yet we constantly
hear stories of multiple LPs being recorded and ready for release.

Performers who claim to be in retirement show up publicly more often than Tom.

Here's my brief open letter to Tom Verlaine:

Tom, we miss you. You need to play more shows, and release more records, no
matter how you do it. If there is anything your fans could do to make this
easier for you, just ask.

Your fan,
Philip