Re: (TV) Echo ..... echo, echo

i found the writing pretty weak on the 2 "comeback"
recs & it almost seemed as tho the band had abandoned
their own sound for something approaching oasis
lite...
mac will always be mac (& don't forget what crap he
turned out minus the bunnymen), but i'll go with
raymond here (& julian cope as well) in opining that
the b-men without pete defreitas just don't cut it...
i think he def. kept the band edgy & based on cope's
analysis (he & defreitas were great pals...read "head
on" by jc for further insite), he was the one who
never really lost his head to "pop" stardom...
--- christopher hollow <doughboy@netspace.net.au>