Re: (TV) Uncut/Mojo TV articles - Pink Floyd compilation

I read The Edge's comments - they weren't so bad. Keep in mind that he was
being asked in the context of his "favorite record of all-time". So he was
simply saying MARQUEE MOON could be his favorite record for the guitar playing,
but not on the strength of the songwriting alone. While I might disagree with
him, his is definitely not an opinion that knocks MARQUEE MOON!

I never liked much U2 - overplayed, perhaps - although I loved ZOOROPA and
parts of ACHTUNG BABY and the Passengers effort.

Much more offensive in the new Mojo are the details of the forthcoming Pink
Floyd compilation, which a single rarity aside ("When the Tigers Broke Free")
looks completely pointless. I can't believe the compilation includes *five*
post-Waters songs, and also throws in
interesting-but-thematically-having-very-little-to-do-with-classic-Floyd stuff
like "Jugband Blues". This is a pure cash-in and an attempt by Gilmour to
retroactively justify the final two Waters-less LPs; there's no system to the
selection of tracks whatsoever. (And what, no "Brain Damage"?)

--Philip