Re: (TV) playlists

Lastly, I'd be a liar if I said I thought Marc Bolan had a lot of musical ideas. He has barely a handful of great ideas, and at his peak he recycles them over and over (not unlike Brian Wilson, to use another good example), sometimes several times over a single LP!

I read an interview with Tony Visconti once where he talks about producing Bolan and says that Marc knew seven open chords and that was it. Certainly worked those babies, didn't he? He got some great guitar sounds as well.