Re: (TV) providence vs south county

In a message dated 11/13/01 6:41:36 PM, Jesse_Hochstadt@brown.edu writes:
<< I was born and bred in Brooklyn (Heights), though I'm now exiled to
Providence.
- Jesse >>
sorry off topic but had to add my two bits
Jesse give thanks you don't live in South County (RI). Providence might be a
long way from NY in many ways at least you have Lupo's, Coffee Exchange the
RISD museum There are sign of intelligent life! I wish I could say the same
thing 50 miles away here, all I have are a couple of chain coffee shops, URI,
just complete hickville
OK the beachs are great but I don't surf and its November.
I ventured to Providence Saturday night and say Iggy Pop with The Worried (ex
Amazing Crowns) which was a great show. The Worried sounded like The Cramps
but without the high heels and cute undies. And Iggy well he was just crazy
great but the heavy metal music left a lot to be desired. But I go for style
over substance most of the time.
lisa