(TV) Goddess in the Doorway

Jagger's Wandering Spirit debuted at number 4 in the US charts in 1993.
His new one debuted at 39. I prefer Wandering Spirit, with Jimmy Rip. I
don't like the drum machines on Mick's new one, I'd rather hear Charlie
Watts. But Verlaine used drum machines once or twice, didn't he?

Mick made this album on his Apple computer. It sounds like it, even
though Pete Townshend and Joe Perry play on four songs and it was
enhanced in a few real studios, maybe too many studios. Three in Los
Angeles, two in London including the one in his house, one in Miami, two
in NYC, one in his French chateau, and a makeshift studio in a German
hotel room during the U2 tour when Bono added vocals. Enough about Mick.
But I'm convinced he's trying to mimic Verlaine's guitar in the song
Goddess in the Doorway, especially when he sings about looking for the
goddess. She's a "vision near a neon sign". A reference to Television's
Marquee Moon. He's looking for a woman who's close to Tom. She won't
give him her phone number. She just sends e-mails to his Apple. His new
songs are personal and touching if you know what he's singing about. But
I miss Keith and Charlie.