Re: (TV) Round-up

Well it's been kind of a retro year for me with not a
lot of new stuff so here it goes, basically it's been
a year of really liking stuff I initially hated

Frank Black and the Catholics (self-titled) and
Pistelero.  I HATED these when the first came out gave
them a second chance and these may as well have been
the only cd's in my collection for the last month.
Loud abrasive guitars recorded direct to dat.

Tragically Hip: everything by them, it's a Canadian
thing.

Love Spit LOve: both cd's, get better with age.  Again
two cd's I really hated when I first got them.

Nirvana: Nevermind

Lucinda Williams new CD

MAgnetic Fields: Charm of the Highway (or something
like that) Another one I hated when I first bought it
but re-listened to it after the MFields were discussed
on list.  Probably need to go out and get the whole
collection of how many bands he's in.

Archers of Loaf: Vee Vee I love Vee Vee, I love this
album loud, REALLY LOUD,

A bunch of Verlaine B-Sides I had never heard before
(I'm not sure if it's okay to mention who gave these
to me so I'll just say a huge thanks again and again
commend you on the fantastic jacket art, Tom would
have been proud!)

Fellow listers Wavewalkers and Cheesemakers respective
CD's.  Good stuff being made on this list!  I hate Ray
for sassing me about my drum machine though (just
kidding Ray :-))  Speaking of Ray, that gold darn
Radio Head Amnesiac, another one I wrote off at first
but Ray encouraged me for a second listen.  My wife's
not happy with you for this BTW.

Ron Sexsmith's new cd (blue something, utterly
fantastic)

Music related, The Chris Issak show has ruled!

I'm sure there is more (I just bought something that
is great but I can't remember what it is offhand,
hmmm)but thats enough for here.  I did demand Frank
Black's Dog in Sand for Christmas and said I would
throw a tantrum if I didn't get it.  I also asked for
Simple Mind's Greatest Hits so start throwing rocks
now...

greg

--- Keith Allison <keith@marquee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I know this year has seen some appalling things, and
> this is not to make
> light of them, but what have you really enjoyed
> listening to in 2001?

SNIPPEROO