(TV) best of 2001

here's my top, uh, 12, which is off the top of my head, and i guess it's in
order from best to least best:

matthew valentine-i burned one with god
charley patton-screamin' and hollerin' the blues (box set)
paul flaherty/chris corsano- the hated music
p.g. six- parlor tricks and porch favorites
sonny sharrock- black woman (vinyl w/ coley's notes)
c.o.b.- spirit of love
joshua- gold cosmos
pelt- ayahuasca
alan silva & the celestrial communication orchestra- 3xlp
double leopards- a pebble in thousands of unmapped revolutions
jackie-o motherfucker- magick fire music
13th floor elevators- easter everywhere

favorite live acts (in no particular order):
flaherty/corsano
pg six
magic markers
verlaine (bowery w/ alan licht)
no doctors

i only included stuff that came out this year, and i tried to only include new
releases. reissues are so goddamn overwhelming, that i probably should've not
included any in my list (otherwise, i'd probably be fine with an entire list of
sun ra reissues). however, there were some that were just too good to not
mention (black woman, alan silva 3xlp etc.), so whatever. variety is the spice
of life, anyway.

willie