(TV) Year end review and God bless....

isn't it amazing that most of us were able to see TV this year? and not just
once but twice in my case ... the Shepherd's Bush gig in particular was
awesome...and then on top of that i get to see a completely incendiary Roxy
Music reformation gig too later on in the same year...what can i say?  i'm a
lucky boy indeed...

FWIW fave records this year are :

SOUL RUSH - Nicolai Dunger (buy!buy!buy! if you like Van M./John
Martyn/Love/Ron Sexsmith-the future is Scandinavian!)
SIMPLE THINGS - Zero 7
INSPIRATION INFORMATION -Shuggie Otis
BEST OF TASTE - Taste (probably the best fiver i've ever spent in my life!)

best single song i've heard all year - The Sea by Sandy Denny/Fotheringay
(where has this been all my life?)

and of course far too many other great music to list here...though let me
just mention THE WHITE STRIPES again - the records are great but live they
are even better if the blistering tv performance i caught recently is
anything to go by - Jack White is my new hero!

btw everyone on this list should check out Greg Grant's cd for his warm and
cool verlainesque guitaring tones and check out those Sand Pebbles too-their
next record will be a cracker i feel...

so there you have it folks....this list is very special to me in a lot of
ways and 'cos of it i've had the pleasure to be in contact with a lot of
very warm, open-hearted, music-lovin' souls around the globe who make me
feel optimistic for the future (despite everything)... the one true luxury
we have in life is human friendships...

Let me take this occasion to wish all of you, your families and loved ones
a wonderful festive Christmas and best wishes for 2002.

R.