Re: (TV) OT: Listening to anything new since the holidays?

In a message dated 1/7/2002 11:49:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
raggedglory57@hotmail.com writes:

> Can anyone recommend more Viv to get?  All I have is all of the Bonzo stuff.

There's really not much Viv solo to get. There's two albums of music (MEN
OPENING UMBRELLAS AHEAD and TEDDY BOYS DON'T KNIT). Both are pretty great.
UMBRELLAS is better, but it's out-of-print vinyl only. TEDDY BOYS is on CD,
but it's not quite as good.

He also did a spoken-word follow up to SIR HENRY AT RAWLINSON END called SIR
HENRY AT NDIDI'S KRAAL, but RAWLINSON END is far better.

       -- Owen

PS: I also found on the Neil Innes web site that there's a new compilation
with a previously unreleased Bonzos track. Haven't heard it yet ... my copy's
still in the mail.

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert