Re: (TV) OT: Listening to anything new since the holidays?

Latest new and in some cases not so new but new to me:

My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything (1988) I'm starting to get how great
this band is.

Butthole Surfers -  Electriclarryland (1996) These guys are great  ! Very
psychedelic in parts.

Alexander Spence - Oar (1968) - What took me so long to get this ? !  Skip
Spence had a great low voice that I swear Bill Callahan (Smog) is trying to
emulate.

Sigur Ros -  Agaetis Byrjun (2000) - Very pretty music from Iceland - very
floydian.

The Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady (1979) - I'm an Orgasm Addict too !

Low - Things we lost in the fire (2000) - This trio is great. Lovely
harmonies and very sad songs.

Mercury Rev - All Is Dream (2001) - this record is great ! Prog rock on the
rise !

Beachwood Sparks -Once we were trees (2001) - I was really skeptical because
these guys seemed almost contrived to be a new Buffalo Springfield. So I
thought I'd sneer a lot. Wrong ! This record is great ! Buffalo Springfield
+ Byrds + Pink Floyd = Rain Parade .

Also listening to:

Green Day - Dookie (199?)
Weezer - Weezer (2001)
Black Flag - Wasted Again (1987) TV Party Tonight !
Joy Division -Substance 1977-80  (1988)
Cat Power - Dear Sir (1994)
Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska (1982)
Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers (1969)
Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic (1995)
Spacemen 3 - Perfect Prescription
The Best of Television and Tom Verlaine (Japanese import 1998)
Fairport Convention - Unhalfbricking (1969)
The Byrds - Younger than Yesterday (1967)
The Sundays - Blind (1992)
The Lemonheads - Come On Feel the Lemonheads (199?)

later y'all, Russ