Re: (TV) Ramblings, incl. "There are guitar sounds on 'Cover' that simply haven't been heard before, sounds no synthesizer is ever likely to produce."

Leo wrote:

[Both reviewers below refer to TV as
'Mr. Verlaine', which may seem strange
(or simply be a NY Timesism), but I think
it shows how seriously they took him as
an artist.]

No, it's a NY Timesism. At that time - and perhaps still today; I haven't been checking - it was NY Times style to "Mr." or "Ms."everybody and anybody. (Actually, I don't know if they had adopted "Ms." by '84; the Times has always been rather stodgy about usage.) The running gag was that if the Times wrote about Meat Loaf, they'd refer to him as "Mr. Loaf." Whether that ever happened or not I don't know, but if it did, I think it shoots your "taking seriously as an artist" hypothesis out of the water!

- Jesse