Re: (TV) Clarification / Fixated on a Tree / The MM List Blues / Past

Blimey Leo,

You are indeed taking it all very seriously, but I think I'll reply to this one.

First, to preface. I've been a television/verlaine fan since I was 14 years old (1984) and some of his albums are touchstones for me.

I'm not sure about yr hypotheses though.

Leo: Could it be that a lot of people are satiated---they've finally OD-ed on TV.

Nope, TV/Verlaine still play so infrequently that its a treat when they do. I'm looking forward to seeing them this year. Beside, no two performances are the same.

Leo: Tom Verlaine has no confidence in himself.

this just makes me giggle, its so patently not true

Leo: his best work is behind him---way, way behind. He's a has-been and knows it.

Ok, we were both at the Bowery Ballroom gig right? What were your favourite moments? Mine was "Wicked Charms", a new song, and I think a lot of new stuff sounded very good. I don't belive that TV is ever going to rewrite Marquee Moon, I don't think I'd really like it if he did, what would the point be? I DO however think that TV could learn some lessons from Richard Lloyd's adventures on the internet about how a cult artist distributes the music he or she makes. But that's probably not going to happen.

Dan