(TV) Use Of TV In Sport

Is this a new category?

Over the last 2 Saturdays Channel 4 in the UK have shown a programme called the 100 Greatest Sporting Moments.

Imagine my surprise when at number 41 they were describing the Gordon Baks save against Pele in the 1970 World and all of a sudden in the background was an extract of Marquee Moon. It was the climax just before the track returns to the opening sequence.

Is this TV's first ever very tenuous sporting link? Thing that always intrigues me is why it was there. Have they chosen the piece of music purely as it fits in well with the excitement of the moment or is there someone involved in the making of the programme who just like putting in music that they like? Incidentally I was watching the programme with my brothe and when I said I would have to report this to the list he thought I was very sad.