(TV) <no subject>

I didn't think 13,000 was a lot.  Certainly more than 2,000 -- but that's
small for anything.  I used to work in a used CD store and did not EVER see
a copy of this album anywhere.  This was odd because such a release is
fodder for the bargain bins.  Not by quality, but by popularity.  I mean, I
found Gorky's Zygotic Mynci and And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead
albums in those bins, and bought them for next to nothing.  I'm the hired
gun of all record stores in the Indianapolis area, as I have been offered a
job and/or know the owner of all of them.  It's like Clint Eastwood in that
one movie, 'cept I stock CDs instead of kill people.

>According to my sources there were
>exactly 13,500 cds manufactured by Capitol;
>of these 9,907 were sold, 2,421 became
>cut-outs; 1,135 were given away as promos;
>31 are still in Billy Ficca's closet,
>and 6 copies were stolen by a guy named
>Randy who worked at the cd factory
>(and 2 of his ended up in a nearby river.

Is this true, or just something you vinyl junkies make up to stroke your
egos?  I know that old albums DO sound better on vinyl (and I do collect
LPs, you know), but in my experience, albums recorded for the purpose of CD
recording sound no better on vinyl.

>The vinyl copy is considerably harder to find
>as only 1,000 copies were pressed, but is
>definitely worth tracking down for its superior
>sound.

And what exactly are Export A's and why am I not cool enough to partake in
their robust flavor?

SI VALE VALEO
_BRAD