Re: (TV) <no subject>

> On the subject of smoking, its always stunned me how
> some singers can smoke
> like a chimney yet still retain some sort of a
> singing voice. I'm not a
> smoker, but on the odd occasion that I get too
> sloshed to know the
> difference between right and wrong and smoke a
> cigarette or so, I usually
> don't have a singing voice for two-three days
> afterwards.

The sloshed part probably affects the voice more than
the random smoke.

=====
"If every museum in the New World were emptied, if every
famous building in the Old World were destroyed and only
Venice saved, there would be enough there to fill a full lifetime with delight.  Venice, with all its complexity and variety, is in itself the greatest surviving work of art."  --Evelyn Waugh