(TV) Casey Wrong on Several Points

-----Original Message-----
From: gregg luvoxx
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 5:51 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: RE: (TV) Slightly Off Topic:
White Stripes & Citizen Kane

>The last page of the booklet says 'all songs written and
>performed by the White Stripes (Peppermint Stripe Music BMI)'
>The first eponymous CD (which is gnarly) also has no text
>on the CD,

Gregg, thanks for info.  It scares me a little that I could
look at that last page of that 4 days ago and miss what was
right in front of my nose.

More Casey memory failures:

Casey wrote:
>While it is true that the Byrds' first producer,
>the legendary Jim Boyd, used several session
>musicians on the Byrds' first album....
>If you have the vinyl boxed set of Nick Drake
>there is a very nice little pamphlet of liner notes
>in which the author interviews Jim Boyd
>(who had also been Drake's producer) and Boyd tells
>the story of how around 1977-78 Verlaine introduced
>himself to Boyd and said something along the lines
>of "Nick Drake... he was the best."

No--I was wrong 3 times in a single paragraph.

Terry Melcher (Doris Day's son and an acquaintance of
Charles Manson) produced the single "Mr. Tambourine Man"
and the Byrds' first two albums.  Jim Dickson [not Jim Boyd]
produced Byrds sessions in June 1965;

Arthur Lubow, writer of the liner notes of Drake's boxed set,
interviewed a *Joe* Boyd and it was not Boyd nor Dickson to
whom Verlaine extolled the musical virtues of Drake's recordings.

Lubow from liner notes: "After a punk rock concert in New
York that strains the specifications of the loudspeakers,
[Drake's] English producer John Wood goes backstage.  There
he is introduced to Tom Verlaine, star of the trendy[?!]
band Television. To Wood's surprise, Verlaine knows all
about him.  "I've admired your records for a long time,"
says the gaunt blond guitarist, then names the performers
he likes:  the McGarrigle Sisters, John Martyn, Fairport
Convention.  "But you know," says Verlaine, "the very best
of all is Nick Drake."

	Leo  "I'm forgetting things before I think them"