(TV) Melted MM

I've wanted to buy a bunch of copies of the cd
of MM to give to my sister-in-law, other relatives,
and two guys at work. I've been hesitating until
the remastered version comes out (in 2007?),
but I ain't waiting unh, unh ... Borders here I come.

This sadly reminds me of all the copies (cd
and vinyl) of MM that I gave to friends during the
1980s & 90s.  I say 'sadly' because the recipients
would subsequently never-ever mention the record,
and more often than not, when I would subtly
check their record collections about a year
later, the copy of MM had vanished.

I once gave a homemade MM cassette to my cousin,
Jane (who's a saint), and when we drove in her car
the following summer I noticed the cassette out of
its container and the cassette itself massively
melted from being left in the sun. I secretly
rescued it, and still have it in a bureau drawer.
I like to think of it as a great example of the
destruction of art in our time.

	Leo