Re: (TV) Marquee Moon - the song

The last solo in Marquee Moon is definitely Verlaine - hey, it even says so
on the album jacket/CD notes - and was every time I saw them live.  However,
given the way they come across live (more than one person's mentioned being
surprised that Richard played so many of the lead lines in performance) I
can understand the confusion.  A better question might be who  actually
played the melodic lines on the albums.  For example, the opening lick on
"Venus" sounds awfully Verlaine-y to me, though Richard always plays that
part live.  Yet another mystery for the ages...