(TV) Theories on Remastered-Expanded MM / Qs

What follows is 'informed' speculation--so I encourage anyone to
shoot these down:

A) Television signed a recording contract with Elektra in 1976
and subsequently Verlaine and Lloyd were signed to
Elektra for their first solo records, or were still bound by
original Elektra contract if they recorded music under their
own names.  As a result, any material recorded during this
period--late 1976 to late 1979--is (still) the property of
Elektra Records.  So when Rykodisc made a deal in last year
with Elektra to re-release a remastered/expanded MM (and by
'expanded' I include the possibility of material beyond just
songs recorded at the MM Elektra sessions), they were/are under
no legal obligation whatsoever to get Verlaine/Lloyd's OK,
or to have to consult with them on the remastering itself
and/or the selection of the 'expanded' material.
[Question: But then, doesn't "The Blowup" live show (both cd
versions) on ROIR records contradict the above hypothesis since
it consists of songs--excepting the Roky Erikson penned tune
that were originally recorded for Elektra, yet
Television/Verlaine get monetary compensation for its sales?
Or is this compensation limited ONLY to fees to Verlaine's old
publishing company, Double Exposure, For songs on "The Blowup"?]

B) As was sadly discussed on this List a couple of years ago,
Television made and continues to make no money from the Elektra
sales of their albums MM and Adventure except for the fees paid to
TV's Double Exposure.
See tawdry details of music biz at:
http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

http://www.obbard.com/tvlist-archive/0007/msg00079.html

http://www.obbard.com/tvlist-archive/0007/msg00081.html

C) Because Ryodisc are relatively 'good guys' and because Rykodisc
has hopes of re-releasing some of Verlaine's post-1979 solo cds
(and possibly even the 3 albums of new material he's had in the can
for sometime), they most likely would decide to work closely with
Verlaine/Television on the MM remastered/expanded edition.
Verlaine's perfectionist tendencies (both for the better or for the
worse)could have delayed the official March 5, 2002 re-release date;
I, for one, would rather have TV do it right even if it means waiting
a little while longer (say, 2004?------just kidding).

	Leo