Re: (TV) marquee moon rhino reissue & tom's amp on ebay

In a melody maker article from the time of "The Wonder" (which I can't find any more Leo, I'm sorry, I have looked). Tom said he was using a Dynacord tube tape recorder as a pre-amp, I think the tube pre-amp into a small tube amp is a big part of his sound. From memory I remember he said he was using Vox, Fender and Danelectro amps for that album, a Jazzmaster, a Strat and a Gretsch Monkees Guitar. Effects included an Electro Harmonix Big Muff OD, Smallstone phaser and an MXR phaser and Flanger.

From: Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) marquee moon rhino reissue & tom's amp on ebay
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:01:16 -0500

At 1:27 PM -0500 2/27/02, sam matthews wrote:
anyways he said tom showed up to the gig "carrying an old radio
amplifier". could this possibly be whats up on ebay?

IIRC, the Musician article from '87 had a rundown of his gear.  Amps
were "a lot of old Fender stuff" but he was using various other old
tube gear as preamps.  I know I typed this up for the great lost
rivethed site.  If I can dig up the file, I'll make it available to
whoever wants to host it.  (It's a pretty long article.)
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/