Re: (TV) Clapton

--- "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> wrote:
> Keith said:
> >This is true but at the risk of appearing crass here
> (who, me?) if I'd
> >lost my son in a terrible accident I don't think I'd
> have made a best-
> >selling song out of it, would you?
>
> I could not agree with you more.

I could not disagree with you guys more.  "Tears in Heaven"
is probably the best post-Cream Clapton song I've ever
heard.  I'm not saying that I necessarily like it, but at
least it has some passion to it-- much better than his pop
crooning like "You look wonderful tonight" and the
absolutely grating "Riding with the King" and any other
Clapton song I can think of.  and what in the world is
wrong with a songwriter or any artist responding to some
personal tragedy with his art?  whether it's "best-selling"
or not.