Re: (TV) Guitars

At 4:20 PM +0000 3/13/02, Dan Jones wrote:
I always imagined that whats making the whining sound on 'The Fire'. i.e, like a slide guitar but using a knife instead. I could be wrong...

I'd guess that you're wrong that you're wrong. Which is to say that you're right, of course. Instead of playing with a pick in the right hand and the slide on the left, I've always envisioned this as rubbing the switchblade along the neck, back and forth (hence the slight vibrato) to produce the sound as well as setting the pitch. But only the band know for sure.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/