(TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #628

Maurice Rickard wrote:
>Well, it's an Ubu-ism I picked up referring more or less to "before
>the first breakup."  But yes, you fans of that time had it rough,
>with your shoebox apartments at the bottom of the Hudson, having to
>eat broken glass and nails, and having to clean the Bowery with your
>tongues before Hilly would let you in.  And I'll tell you another
>thing--you try telling that to  young people these days, buying their
>tickets over their intrawebnet thingy, and they don't believe you.

And why SHOULD we? Here we are, fucked over, having missed the whole thing,
reliving a small piece through whatever Heylin and the like dub "canon" NYC
punk and whenever nice-and-expensive mags like Mojo print a good article
(which invariably gets carried under one's arm until the spine tatters and
pages fall out all over the sidewalk). Then, when Television finally DOES
come around again, we all scramble to Ticketbastard and deal with a
ridiculous ticket price PLUS surcharge, just to make sure we don't get jipped
out of the experience by a bunch of old farts waxing nostalgiac for their
perversely over-valued "hard times"...Furthermore, I wish I could *afford*
broken glass and nails. At least my stomach wouldn't be gnawing at itself so
much and I wouldn't be driven to rubbing myself raw trying to keep my mind
off of how god damned hungry I am.

-nick keiser

p.s.: if you took the ridiculous spiel above seriously, you are only
half-offended as I am at your uptight mindest. ;)