(TV) Top 5 / Suspense

Me of such little faith--- yeah I guess I was wrong awhile
back when I said Verlaine had lost all his confidence---he sure
as heck had it back, as well as having something very special going
with his guitar playing/band leader thing at both shows at Irving
Plaza last week.  He seemed very at ease and comfortable; he
looked so much healthier than he did in Chicago.  He made little
witticisms at the mike all night such as the one after about the first
5 songs when the band was re-tuning and he quipped, "We're just trying
to build up the suspense."

I too noticed the signaling via eye contact between TV and Ficca.
Despite being a little loose the first night, I didn't think it hurt
the overall impact their music created---for me it made it seem
more extemporaneous. (Only song I missed not hearing was "Torn Curtain" )

They were tighter and even better the second night. Of the 5 times I
have now seen Television in 1992 and 2001-2002 and the dozen or so times
I've seen Verlaine with a backup band during 1981-87, this was by far the
best Television show ever, and the Tues/Wed. shows were better than all but
4 of the 1981-87 performances.

Enjoyed two great meals at Dennis' restaurant and it was neat meeting
people on the List and even several who are not such as Scott Aldrich.
Here's hoping they play again some day in NYC, and that Television/TV
get a recording contract (the latter will require divine intervention).

Saw this during my lunch hour today:  "Is Television Making Our Kids Violent?"

	Leo