RE: (TV) new songs

for whoever was looking for television
references in print (Keith?) . . .

Lester Bangs, in an essay about either
the Voidoids or the Clash, postulates
that the way Richard Hell performs, solid
as oak, moving about the stage like a dervish,
and narrowly missing collision after
collision with his guitarists should
explain why Tom Verlaine wanted to kick
Hell out of Television.

Another essay, this one about the late
Peter Laughner, has Bangs shouting out the
window at Peter, cursing him for trying to kill
himself by immitating Lou Reed and Tom
Verlaine, who are--as everybody knows--2 of
the biggest assholes on the scene . . .

The essys are collected in "Psychotic Reactions
and Carburetor Dung."

RIP Lester Bangs, Peter Laughner, etc . . .

--Paul