Re: (TV) Recent listening

> So what yinz all listening to?

Apart from the new XTC box (COAT OF MANY CUPBOARDS, 80-90% rarities!), I've
been mixed between a recent interest in Manic Street Preachers (EVERYTHING
MUST GO, THIS IS MY TRUTH, KNOW YOUR ENEMY, and a homemade live CD) and
relistening to big chunks of Bob Mould's back catalog.

Went to see Bob Sunday night, which ties into the reinvention thread. Bob's
abandoned the power trio format he's used since Husker Du and started working
around sequencers and other "synthy" / dance sounds (with the occasional
guitar roar). It's growing on me, but it's definitely a change.

Along those lines, while I'd hate to see Tom Verlaine completely abandon his
traditional style, I think I'd rather have him reinvent himself and do
something he finds fresh as opposed to doing nothing.

       -- Owen

(Of course, a new studio or TV album would be the ideal :-)

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert