Re: (TV) Math Rock (was: Recent listening)

Alan Sola wrote:

When bands start using e/4 or pi/4 as time signatures, then I will be impressed...

Yeah, or i/4....

BTW, one of my fellow students once wrote a guitar instrumental for/about pi (as in 3.14...) called "the Pi Song". Now that is math
rock!

At my geeky "specialized" NY high school, Stuyvesant, we supposedly had a cheer that went as follows:

E to the x, dy, dx,
E to the x, dx,
Secant tangent cosine sine,
3.14159!
Go team!

(I've also heard that chant attributed to the Bronx High School of Science.) Whether anyone ever actually used this cheer, I don't know: I don't think anyone went to our football or basketball games.

- Jesse