Re: (TV) TV in England

On UK tv and music - there is this great programme
called showcase on "granada men and motors" late at
night - Sort of public acces for bands - it is
hilarious seeing fifteen year old indie bands retread
the stone roses on a nightly basis. It warms my heart!

On a TV related note there was this guy at a record
fair in edinburgh who had these two double coloured
vinyls of television circa third album period - Japan
and Stockholm? He said he could get me a video of TV
on the old grey whistle doing foxhole - he never
emailed me.

I couldn't buy the records - i'm not that into
bootlegs anyway (then again the fortune i've spent on
TV stuff doesn't reach the band, so why not etc) and i
was living on mung beans at the time. Has anybody else
seen these - they were well produced but i do remember
a hilarious spelling error on one of them. I never did
see him again, but the next time i went i succumbed to
temptation and bought "arrow head" and when my sis was
in NY she got me "Double exposure" from MTC's shop.
Both are, to be fair, pretty dire. Like most boots. I
know a lot of folks on the list dig the eno demo's and
stuff but it is kind of like eating a half baked cake.
Only the cake can't play bass. Arrow head is just
blowup stuff but as everyone is aware it has "poor
circulation".

I'm stil looking for "Warm and cool" but if anybody is
looking for the prove it or foxhole couloured vinyls
they should come to Edinburgh - there is loads of
them!

=====