Re: (TV) new to list

At 12:18 AM -0500 4/27/02, Luis Salinas wrote:
These days I teach physics and have started listening to music again and find myself seeking out stuff from the old days that still appeals to me: Wire, Ubu, the Jam, John Foxx-era Ultravox, as well as Televison and Tom Verlaine, etc.

Welcome to the list, Luis! I myself have been in a big Wire phase of late, re-listening to _154_, and! picking up the new EP, _Read & Burn_, which is very energetic indeed, although not as mind-blowing in form or content as some of their classic material. But I'll give them time--there's more to come this year.

Ubu's always a classic. You have the Datapanik box set? _St. Arkansas_, the new one, is on tap for May: http://www.projex.demon.co.uk/ US tour in September!

I'll admit to a historical fondness for John Foxx-era Ultravox, as those records were in the big stack of new wave and punk records that also contained _Adventure_, my first exposure to TV. (Long story: my sister got the huge stack from someone who had converted to fundamentalist Christianity, and was giving his punk albums away.) I happened to hear some of that original Ultravox stuff on 'net radio a while back, and--say what you will--I enjoyed it. Whatever happened to Stevie Shears? Anybody know?

NP: a bunch of lowercase electronica from the term. label. http://www.12k.com/term

-Maurice
--
Maurice Rickard