(TV) Why "Adventure" isn't on ADVENTURE

Hi all,

After MOJO magazine ran a big article on Television in their February 2001
issue, an interesting letter appeared in the March 2001 issue. I've been
meaning to reprint it for over a year! Time flies. But my upcoming move (about
ten blocks away) has inspired me to purge my magazine collection, so I thought
I'd reprint part of it here first.

"Finally, thanks to Ira Robbins for his positive assessment of Television's
oft-dismissed second album. Regarding the missing title track, the group did in
fact record 'Adventure' for the LP, but the song was (perversely) dropped when
test-pressings revealed a loss in fidelity due to groove cramming. Too bad, as
the song's inclusion would have generated a more positive critical assessment.
After the CD reissue of MARQUEE MOON restored the climactic ending to the title
track, I held out high hopes for a reconstructed digital ADVENTURE, but
disappoinment prevailed.

Hey, Elektra, how about an expanded CD upgrade?

Guy Ewald, New York City"

--Philip, who has just found another reason why vinyl is overrated :^)