Re: (TV) That MM Review In The NME etc

----- Original Message -----
From: nick powell <nick_bug@hotmail.com>

> NME Originals is an occasional magazine now being brought out probably
> because no one buys their weekly anymore.

he shoots he scores!

> the latest one is on Punk
> 1975-79. All the material is previously published NME articles etc but
nice
> to reminisce for the oldies like Raymond

is very,very late 30's old?  :-^   i would've thought that i'm a relative
youngster compared to some of the folk on this list (coughs)

> (yeah ok me as well) who read it the
> first time around but also for others who didn't see it at the time.
Anyway
> there are some cs of our boys and the famous Nick Kent MM review is
> reproduced in it's entirety. Also Charles Chaar Murray's almost as famous
> review of Horses.An article on the New York scene mand loads on all the
best
> known punk bands around at the time.

i read this issue in the newsagents, it's worth a look for the TV and
Buzzcocks pieces -always my two faves- but i refuse point blank to buy into
this 25th punk nostalgia trip anymore- hearing the 2002 God save the queen
remix on the radio recently was the final straw, what a load of old
bollocks - "oh nostalgia for an age yet to come" .....too right Pete.....

> Ah  great memories.....I wish I was 16 again..........or do I?

"and i hate modern music,disco,boogie,pop they go on and on and on and on
and on HOW I WISH THEY WOULD STOP!!!!!"

well .....you get the general drift....