Re: (TV) Nice Village Voice Article (1979) [Ficca's playing/Yonki Time]

--- Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
> Sacrilege!  Ficca's levitation of the beat is essential to
> Television, especially on Marquee Moon, and the solo records suffer
> in comparison (as good as JD is, he's no Billy Ficca).

I agree. I could easily be persuaded to agree that TOM VERLAINE is Verlaine's
best record (see my review at Amazon), including MARQUEE MOON, but I don't
think the record benefits in any way for the absence of Ficca (or Richard
Lloyd, for that matter). Ficca is *essential* to Television's sound - see
Television in concert for proof.

> On the plus side, I'm sure Philip is quite gratified to read such a
> sensitive analysis of "Yonki Time"--I know I was.

Oh yeah! Hey, where the hell is Rhino's WHAT TIME IS IT ANYWAY: THE COMPLETE
YONKI TIME SESSIONS box set, anyhow? It's been delayed forever. Those damn
labels just don't understand what the consumer wants.

--Philip