From: secretX@webtv.net
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 3:13 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) The Wind Cries,,,

A Musician magazine with Hendrix on the cover had an item on Verlaine's
thoughts about Jimi. Tom said he heard Hendrix when he was walking down
Avenue A and Purple Haze drifted out of a small record store. Tom
thought Hendrix was playing it all at once, not realizing there was more
than one guitar track on the song. Tom went home and tried to duplicate
it all with his own fingers. (This I'm writing strictly from memory.
I'll try to dig out the magazine from my archives.)