Re: (TV) Short, shameful confession

I'm on your side. There's a book out there called "The 50 Most Overrated
Records of All Time", or something like that, and SONG CYCLE is (deservedly) in
it. Parks seems like someone who is severely overworking his material; the good
ideas on SONG CYCLE are buried beneath too many quirky tricks - both of
songwriting and production - to really come through. As a lyricist for Brian
Wilson during the SMILE era he showed lots of promise, but left to his own
devices... I'm not so sure he's worth listening to. (I can't remember if I
finally sold my copy of SONG CYCLE or not, but it's been 7-8 years since I last
played it).

I also have ORANGE CRATE ART which suffers from many of the same ailments,
although it is much more enjoyable overall.

--Philip