RE: (TV) Re: rumors

Henry

>I feel that Chelsea asked the question in good faith and it was
>responded to. It shouldn't stop her or anyone else from asking
>such questions or making such statements.

For sure, I agree there should be no censorship (except for
Philip's MM List rules/manifesto at on MM list FAQ page).

However, in general, I believe it would be nice if a modicum of
effort/homework  is put forth by a person in investigating
such rumors themselves, *before* someone puts them on the list.
Especially if they are of such an unseemly nature, character
assassination, etc.

Moreover, not to single out Chelsea, but I could possibly understand
if someone was a new list member and asked such a silly question/rumor.

But TV's drug/heroin rumors have been discussed many times on list as
recently as 4-5 or less[?] months ago (it would be great if people
would first check the MM List archives before they ask such ridiculous
questions or start such silly rumors, but I realize that my expectations
of someone doing a little pre-post research are probably way too high).

(Please the following is Not meant to be patronizing--if
someone new to list (or even a veteran) wants some tips or help
on finding a specific subject specific (e.g., "heroin", or birds
chirping on Prove It) on MM Archives feel free to e-mail off
list---I can't guarantee I can locate the info [failed
miserably on Wind Cries Mary], but I 'd be willing to try unless
my day-job gets in the way)

>My question is what's the connection between Verlaine and Buckley,
>besides being NY musicians? Did either play on each others albums?
>Were they friends or just acquaintances, etc. I'm not familiar with
>Buckley's music, but know that he is held in high regard by people.

Recall Tim Buckley [NYC?] was Jeff's father and was a musician & you
might be confusing the two
Go to:
http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk/facts/index.htm

Jeff Buckley: Sketches for My Sweetheart - The Drunk
(USA) CD Columbia CD 67228 1998
(USA) Cassette Columbia CS 67228 1998
(USA) CD Columbia CD 488661 1999
(Japan) CD Sony CD 8640/1 (contains bonus tracks) released in USA 2001
Originally slated to be producer, in 1997 Verlaine later dropped out of this project. After Buckley's death in May 1997 Verlaine produced (1998) and did mixing.

Jeff Buckley: Guitar, vocals; Michael Tighe: Guitar; Mick Grondahl: Bass; Parker Kindred: Drums; Eric Eidel: Drums; Benjamin Goldstein: Drums.

		Leo
PS:
a) Wasn't Patti Smith married to Fred Smith of Television?
b) Is Ms Secret in reality Patti Smith?

Henry
>i wasn't really asking for any prurient reason, though
>given that my source is kinda squicky i should have
>just let sleeping dogs lie.  i apologise for bringing
>this up on the list and won't do it again.

Phillip and others - Do we really feel that Chelsea shouldn't ask
the question or "spread the rumor" on the list? I appreciate the
fact that it was asked and that a statement was supplied quickly to indicate
a possible answer to the question.