Re: (TV) Vinyl and CD collection--how big is yours?

In a message dated 6/6/2002 5:07:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com writes:
> OK folks, just curious about who has the largest vinyl
> and CD collections on the list.  Rock, jazz,
> classical, whatever.  Mine are too pitiful to include.
> Please post your numbers.  Estimates are fine.

I'm around 600 albums and 2000 CDs.

> Also, for the vinyl collectors, what is your prized possession(s)

In general, my Who and Zappa vinyl collections (which combined are probably
30-40% of my vinyl collection).

In specific ...
 - my copy of HOT RATS that Frank Zappa signed in front of me
 - my copies the "Meher Baba" albums that Pete Townshend contributed to
 - my Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet singles collection, notably EXPLOSION
OF TASTE that came attached to a package of Jiffy Pop popcorn
(http://shadowy.brainiac.com/smen-singles.htm).

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
   -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert